Many of our customers have contacted us over the last month regarding issues exporting reports to Outlook, using Office 365.
When they were attempting to export a report (for example invoices) they were receiving messages such as ‘SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working’ or Sage was just closing when emailing reports and layouts.
Check your version and email settings
- In Sage Accounts, click Help, then click About and note your software version number.
- Preview any report or layout where this problem has been seen.
- Click Printer Offsets, click Email Setup then choose Microsoft Outlook as the Default Provider and select the check-box.
- Click OK, then close the Preview window.
If you’re unsure about any of these instructions you can view this video created by Sage showing you how to check the settings first. Please note this video has no sound.
- Click Settings and click Email Defaults, then click the Email Client tab.
- From the drop down list, ensure Microsoft Office Outlook is selected, click Apply.
- Select the layouts you send by email, then click OK and click OK again.
Please note: This video has no sound.
Finally, you will need to download an update
- To do this, please right click the update for the version you noted in step 1, then click Save link as or Save target as and save the file to your Windows desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file, then click Run.
- Run your report or produce your layout as normal. If you are prompted by your antivirus software, click Allow.
- If you use the Quick Email option, you need to refresh your layouts now. Click Settings, click Invoice & Order Defaults, then click the Email tab and browse to the required layouts, then click OK.
- If the issue still occurs, reboot your computer and run your report or layout again.
If after installing the update you receive any of these errors: ‘Unable to send all emails’, ‘Generic COM Error’ or ‘Failed to output…’ please refer to these further instructions as issued by Sage as these errors indicate an unrelated issue.